According to the regulation, the industrial hemp, which has been conformed to the rule, can be planted, sold and processed. The profit of planting industrial hemp is higher than corn but lower than rice. The soil in Hei Longjiang province is not suitable for planting rice and the corn price witnesses a gradual decline. In order to form a new economic growth point and increase farmers’ revenue, the regulation innovatively creates terms for the management and use of industrial hemp, which separates the industrial hemp from drug, allows the local enterprises and individuals to plant, sell and process industrial hemp.
Currently, the total hemp plantation in China is nearly 82000 acres. Sunwu County in Hei Longjiang accounts almost 20% and HMI Group in Hei Longjiang’s Keshan County has nearly 1650 acres’ plantation area. It has the legalized seed resource of “Hemp NO.1”, with Agriculture Strain Register Certificate. In the future, Hei Longjiang plans to plant 165000 acres industrial hemp, cooperating with HMI group.
Until 2014, China has the largest area to plant industrial hemp, accounting half of the worlds’ plantation area according to the statistics of United Nations’ food agriculture organization. The total ratified industrial hemp in Yunnan is more than 36000 acres, covering 13 cities and 38 counties. HMI Group also has some plantation area in Yunnan province.
- ［Industry News］HMI Group Mastered Water-Soluble CBD Technology being Gained Attention from the World
- ［Industry News］CBD is Discovered as an Effective Treatment for Influenza by Hanyi Bio-technology
- ［Industry News］Two provinces in China legalize the plantation of industrial hemp
- ［Industry News］Industrial Hemp legalization first passed by the 12th Hei longjiang Provincial People’s Congress in China
- ［Industry News］Former CIA Director to Keynote Second Annual Hemp Summit